Monday, August 8, 2011

Silver and Gold earrings

I love these earrings and the silver and gold mixture.  I made them using size 11 Delica beads, 24 K plated gold and galvanized silver. The beads were somewhat expensive but worth every cent.  There are 192 beads in each earring, plus the larger bead on the end of each earring.  Needless to say, they took me quite a while to make but I think I now have the diaganol peyote stitch down pat!  I want to try to make a bracelet and perhaps necklace to match but I want to try using a bigger size bead.  I love the end results, and the best part is that I can wear them with either gold or silver!


My finger got in the way of taking this picture but the black lamp really made the colors stick out!

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty Mary Jane! I haven't done any peyote stitch work as yet. Not sure my eyes could handle such small work.
    Great job :)

    ReplyDelete