Thursday, May 3, 2012

Nona Collar

I made this collar twice.  The first time I accidently cut threads that should not have been cut which would, ultimately, result in the necklace falling apart.

The pattern for this came from one of my beading books.  I fell in love with it immediately and knew I wanted to make it!

The colors are green, blue, black and purple.  The clasp was made from a button that belonged to my grandmother.  In her day, people would cut the buttons off clothes before they discarded them.  I feel very lucky to have inherited her buttons, and, in fact, I have used them in a number of jewelry and other projects.

There are three different type and size beads.  I used size 11 seeds beads, size 8 triangle beads and hex cut beads. 


1 comment:

  1. Looks beautiful but the picture is so small - I wish I could see it up close!

    ReplyDelete