Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Fun with metal

I recently took a class in introduction to metal work.  I got to play with FIRE!  It was an awesome experience and I had such great fun.  I made this pendant from a piece of metal.  Using a propane tank (since map gas is being recalled), I heated the piece until it was super red and then was able to manipulate moving it.  I more or less crimped it in the middle.  I then punched various holes into it for deco and other purposes. After that I added a liquid base to the piece and used special dry paint to give it so some colors. After each color was added, the piece was heated again. I used three different colors.  The ending piece has the same texture and quality of glass. I love the piece.  It is just so fun to wear and was fun, fun, fun to make!

1 comment: