Thursday, June 30, 2011

On The Cheap

I love making jewelry and, in fact, I make ALOT of jewelry.  I tend to like expensive beads and pendants and the like. But, I also like inexpensive beads and such.  My butterfly necklace and earrings cost me less than $5.00 to make, excluding the wire and toggle (my preference in clasps).  Wire is cheap and so are toggles (for the most part).  The beads and the butterfly were purchased from Walmart.  I didn't buy them to go together but once I started playing with my beads, I really liked the look of the two together.  I also added in a few silver spacers.  Together, they make a nice beautiful, somewhat dressy, necklace and earring set.  Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Wow, this is so pretty... I love the bling of the butterfly with the opalescent quality of the bead. Beautifully done! I love hand-crafted jewelry. Hopping over from DIY du Jour(#3)Thanks for sharing with us.Would love to have you over sometime. Have a nice day!~Poppy

    http://withadashofcolor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your sweet comment on my peonies... I love gardening and peonies are one of my favorite flowers. Thanks for following me. I'm happily following you back.~Poppy

    http://withadashofcolor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete